Pages

9.12.2012

What is coming out of your ears???

Okay so if you have a garden, what are you answers to this question?
Tomatoes, Corn, Cucumbers, Zucchini... or all of the above?

Well today I have a yummy recipe for some of the excess hopefully you have some of it lying around waiting to be used.  How about some Chocolate Chip Orange Zucchini Bread?? Are you up for it?
I love the smell in the house after making bread so I've been making this more than I should and therefore eating more than I should also!  But its worth it!

 Here's what you'll need
3 eggs
2 C white sugar (or 1 white 1 brown)
1 C Vegetable Oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 C grated zucchini
1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
1 TBS Orange Zest
3 C flour (I add 1/2 C more)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg

Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.  I didn't have ground nutmeg but I did have whole cloves of nutmeg (why I'm not sure!) but it worked great.  Can you see it in the mix?

Anyone else ready for egg nog?

In a large bowl, beat eggs until light & fluffy.  Add sugar & continue beating until well blended.  Stir in Oil (I actually used 1/2 Olive oil and 1/2 applesauce and no problems), vanilla, zucchini, chocolate chips & orange zest.
Okay side note here.  In the past I've used 2 Tbs of dried orange zest.  It was okay but once you use the fresh zest you will not want to have the dried in there anymore.  So just trust me here make sure you have the orange! Ok continuing with the recipe...

Blend in sifted ingredients and pour into 2 greased pans.

So in my greased pan (because there can never be too much sugar right?) I sprinkle a sugar cinnamon mixture before I pour the batter in.  And then I actually sprinkle just a little over the top too.

Bake on 350 for 50 Min - I find that I need to cook mine closer to 60 min.  So just make sure the tooth pick is clean.
 Now go and enjoy and use up some of that garden goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment