Pages

9.19.2012

WIUW! My favorite soup: French Onion Soup!


I know it feels like fall when the weather starts to cool off a bit, the kids are all back in school and yes even the leaves on the trees are starting to change 


But for me it just isn't fall until I have officially started to make French Onion Soup! One of my most favorite comfort foods!


So today for my WIUW post I'm am going to share my recipe with you..(actually I can't take credit for this one, this comes from my in-laws...But trust me They can cook!) But of course you will know this is one of my recipes simply because I love the less is more kind of food! So you'll notice that this is yet another great recipe that uses just a few ingredients and the best part of all!? I timed myself today when I made this and even with chopping the onions that made me cry and taking pictures for this post it only took me 27 minutes to make! Woo Hoo!  So that sounds like a great place to start, here are the ingredients that you will need:


1/4 c. butter
2C. Onions Thinly sliced (I like to use large purple onions)
1 TBS Flour
4 C Beef Stock
1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp. Garlic Powder
Croutons
Mozzarella cheese

Just a quick note this recipe is easy to double, triple whatever! Also I don't ever really measure the onions..I just find that 2 Large purple onions work perfect, 4 if you double it, 6 if you triple etc....

 lets start by Thinly slicing your onions 


And saute them in butter


While you are sauteing your onions dump your beef stock, Worcestershire, and garlic into your sauce pan and let it start to simmer.

Once your onions are tender, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon flour and cook for a minute or two and stir the flour into the onions. Then add to your broth mixture Simmer your soup covered for 45 minutes.

Serve hot topped with croutons and mozzarella cheese.


Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment