Pages

7.11.2012

WIUW Fruit Delight!


Now I have to tell you that the original name of this dessert was "Cherry Delight" But I love to mess with/alter recipes and found that this recipe works great with many different types of fruit in fact our family's favorite is Peach! 


OK so the original recipe called for
 1 can of cherry pie filling
1 white or yellow cake mix
1 cube of butter

But as you can see in the picture above I like to keep lots of different variations on hand: cherry, strawberry, peach and lemon...I have NOT tried blueberry but I bet it would be good too!! The reasons I love this dessert, besides the fact that it tastes yummy, is it is very easy and fast to make plus great for the summer because it doesn't heat up your kitchen on a hot day!

Alright lets get started! First take one can of pie filling of your choice and dump it into your crock pot. We used peach.



Now melt one cube of butter, and add your cake mix to it, mix the 2 together well.


After you've mixed your butter and cake mix well spoon drop the cake mixture over the top of your pie filling in the crock pot.


Cook on low 3 to 4 hours or on high 1 1/2 to 2 hours.


Spoon into serving dishes, and serve with whipped topping or ice cream, if desired. This is pretty close to a fruit cobbler without all the work! I hope you'll try this recipe out and let me know what your favorite fruit is. I've also been thinking about trying this recipe out with a chocolate cake mix and cherry pie filling or lemon pie filling and a chocolate cake mix....as strange as that may sound at least it used to sound strange to me until my sister-in-law introduced me to chocolate cake with lemon and boy is that good!!! If I get a chance to try one of these options I'll post my my family's reactions! 

Also if you haven't noticed there seems to be a trend going on here, I really go for those quick n easy recipes! And if I can find a way to make a recipe easier and it still tastes good I do it.....does this mean I'm lazy? 


Enjoy! Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment