Pages

7.25.2012

WIUW  My Family's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies! So Super Soft and Chewy!


I don't know about the rest of the country...But here in Wisconsin we have been having a heat wave! My kids have been begging me to make these cookies, but with the heat I just couldn't do it it would have heated the house up too much even with the air conditioner on! Well Today we finally cooled down a bit.. only about 85 degrees, but the humidity has really dropped off and that is what counts! So I baked!!

Here is a list of ingredients needed:
1 Lb butter softened (I only use butter NO margarine or shortening!)
2 Cups Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Gran. sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
6 cups flour
 1 1/2 tsp soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 bag 12oz Milk choc. chips or semi sweet whatever you prefer

Lets get started! First preheat your oven to 350 degrees
CREAM TOGETHER:
The butter, and both sugars, I like to mix this well before adding anything else.

The butter and both sugars not mixed yet! however after the above mixture is well mixed add your eggs and vanilla and mix until nice and creamy.

Before adding the dry ingredients I usually take one cup of flour and place in a separate bowl, then add the salt and soda and mix well before adding to the sugar and butter mixture.


I then dump this dry mixture into my batter and mix well, my reasoning is that the soda and salt will be well mixed into cookie dough....Does anyone else do this when they are baking?? After you feel that this cup of four and salt and soda mixture is mixed in well you can start adding one cup of flour at a time into your cookie dough.Next add your chocolate chips and mix. DO NOT ADD MORE FLOUR than what is called for (Please) I think this makes your cookies hard! If for some reason you think that your cookie dough is too sticky  then put the cookie dough in the fridge for a 1/2  to 1 hour. 


Now you are ready to bake your cookies! (although my kids think that it is now time to eat the cookie dough!) I usually just use a tablespoon and drop the cookie dough by spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet as such

Sorry as you can see my cookie sheets are well used!!! Bake your cookies 8-10 minutes, however try not to overbake them. I usually cook them until they are starting to get brown around the edges, according to my husband he thinks that they look a little doughy in the middle (This is a good thing!) I pull the cookies out at this point and let them sit on the hot cookie sheet. They will continue to bake a little more while they cool off and will not be doughy when you eat them but they will be soft and chewy and YUMMY!


Of course in between baking cookies I had to feed this little guy some baby cereal with bananas!!


but it won't be long and he'll be enjoying these cookies with the rest of my kiddos!! Hope you all enjoy these cookies as much as my family does!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment