Pages

8.01.2012

Summer Salad WIUW

Well if you like summer salads you have to try this week's WIUW.  Its fresh, its light, its perfect for summer its one you have to try.

See look at these ingredients doesn't is just scream to you?? Really can you imagine mixing up avocados, mangoes, green onion, tomatoes (I totally didn't get them in the pic oops) and cilantro mix this with one of my new favorite foods - Quinoa - Really have you had quinoa before? Oh you have to try it!  Oh and don't forget the yummy lime dressing...

Well shall we begin?!
Okay first see doesn't this scream yummy fresh summer?

Black Quinoa Salad w/Mango, Avocado & Tomatoes
 (I'm always looking for fresh quinoa salads so I was so excited to have this one it is for sure a fav!)
Here's the ingredient list
1 C. uncooked black quinoa (I used Red, but white is also great too)
2 C water
Pinch of salt

1 large mango diced
2 large tomatoes diced
3 green onions sliced
1/2 C chopped cilantro
2 medium avocados, diced
1/4 C fresh lime juice
1 TBS olive oil
1/2 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste

Rinse the quinoa then add water, quinoa and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil over meduim heat.  Boil for 5 min.  Turn heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.  Remove from heat fluff with fork and let cool to room temperature.

In a large bowl combine quinoa, mango, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, avocados.
In a small bowl mix lime juice, olive oil and cumin.  Pour dressing over salad and stir until combined.  Season with salt and pepper.
Oh how I love this one!  I made this for a fun Olympic party with neighbors and there wasn't any left and I only got a small amount but I can eat this as the meal so guess what I made twice this last weekend.  Yep it's that good!

Are you enjoying all of the olympics?  My favorite so far has been to watch it with my little girl she is so happy to sit and soak it all in with me!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment