Pages

8.22.2012

WIUW: Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls!


Now go back and read the name of these cinnamon rolls again! Don't you just love it! Yes! It really uses a Cake Mix! Well If you are reading this then You might be like me looking for some quick and easy yummy breakfasts to make for your back to school kids (Naoni's kids start today! I'm kind of jealous we don't go back until after labor day.)

Ok, so no doubt you've obviously figured out our first ingredient... Now lets give you the rest!


1 white or yellow cake mix
2 pkg yeast
1 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups hot water
3 cups flour
butter to taste
cinnamon to taste
sugar to taste

Ohmygosh! I just realized that there are eggs in the picture and NOPE this recipe does not call for eggs!! Oops sorry my bad!

combine the first 4 ingredients, mix well.


Add 2 1/4 cups of hot water. Mix.


Add 3 cups flour and knead (yes knead you'll have to take your rings off and use your hands its the only way! Trust me!) Once your done it should look something like this:


Now let rise until double in size.....I let mine rise for about 45 minutes and it looked like this hope you can see the difference:


Now take your dough and roll it out into a large rectangle shape (I had sprinkled a little bit of flour on my surface, but I'm not sure you would even need it?!)



Now melt butter and spread onto dough (I used 1/4 cup) Then sprinkle your desired amount of sugar and cinnamon

 

Now roll up your dough


Now cut into 1 - 1 1/2 in slices and place on pan and let rise until double it's size


While you are waiting for your rolls to rise pre heat oven to 350 degrees (I let my pan of rolls sit on the stove top to help them rise faster!)

Once your rolls have doubled in size place them in your oven and bake for 20 min



While your rolls are baking you could make up a quick frosting I just used:
1/4 c butter melted
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
dash of salt
 then add powder sugar until it reaches the consistency you want (You'll want it a little thinner than normal frosting)



You might wanna let your rolls cool off a little more than I did I got a little carried away with all of the icing but come on doesn't it look yummy?????



So my kids aren't actually dressed and ready for school (Hee hee it's almost 10 at night here! we're all about ready for bed I hope! PS the boy in the middle is part of our extended family....not my son by birth but by friendship to my son and has been with us most of the summer!)



Well I hope you all enjoy your cake mix cinnamon rolls! I have a kitchen to go clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment